Saturday, May 26, 2012

Quest for Signatures Giant Trevally in Salalah, Oman


Salalah in Southern Oman is renowned for fishing of Giant Trevally and I am reading to know more about it at the moment.

Update !!!

After some inquiries, I was fed with trip cost as follows;

For 3 days fishing and common cost shared among 3 persons,

a) Airfare 2 ways - USD 1,100
b) 3 days lodging in Salalah - USD 500/person
c) Fishing cost for 3 days per person - USD 1,200/person
d) Airport transfer cost 2 ways (2 x 300kM) - USD 250/person

Optional popping/jigging gear if provided by charter – USD 50

Total basic cost per person comes to USD 3,050 is not too much if I take the trip as "1 in life-time experience", the tricky part is I have no good reference to know what should I expect and which month(s) in a year is the best season to do it.

I read trip report from Singapore fishing forum about the fishing there and was not really impressed with the catch; catch of GT with "signature" size reported, was few and far in between.

The prerequisite for me to decide on the intended fishing ground shall be; a GT or YFT that would put me on my knee while being tugged with it, and I have to be convinced by, at least from trip report and reference, that I would be able to get my target fishes in that trip itself.

With the fact that my job function which make me sit in office all day long, and therefore my deteriorating physical condition along with my age, I know I have to do a trip like such soon enough.

My fishing buddy sent me some fishing charter information in Indonesia waters that offers GT fishing with mixture or size between 10 to 30kg, and we are contemplating on the details of such fishing grounds at the moment.

Will keep checking and inquiring to make the trip materialize soon enough, or so I wish!

No comments: