Monday, November 16, 2009

2010 Northen Thailand Hampala Barb (Sebarau) Trip - The Timing

For some reason, sebarau bites actively when it is wet; meaning raining season and more so when the weather just entering wet season after long hot months. Perhaps the new cold stream water carries oxygen or food or whatever, need to learn sebarau language to know the reason behind.



Raindrop chart of Chiang Mai


I am therefore planning to make the trip at end of May 2010. I exchange my plan with Thai charters regarding the timing and was warned on the temperature during that time. I was also made to know that the rain will probably come late and bites during trips with 2 weeks gap could be different drastically. I checked on the temperature of Chiang Mai and gotten this nice chart:-


Now, I am hesitate on the end May timing. The graph shows temperature of approximate 34 deg C and that is not something angler can withstand happily. I am avoiding to have the trip on June because I have other plan on that time, which is where 2010 school holidays gonna fall in.

No comments: